Monday, October 27, 2014

Artists Inspiring Artists

In September I also attended the Shepherd University Art Department Faculty Show. This was a great experience simply because looking at other people's art is what helps you become a better artist. Since I have a minor in Photography, it was great to see what some of the faculty in the art department was producing since a lot of them have been instructors of mine. This event was held partially in the library and another part was displayed in the new art building. Not only did I see some great pieces in the gallery, but some of them were incredibly inspiring. Some of my favorite pieces were done by Mike Mendez, who made photo-grams using different objects. The textures and compositions of his pieces were very intricate and interesting to look at. I was lucky to attend the gallery on the one day that it was open. Even the free food was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment