Continuing on with my capstone video has only gotten more intense. I have been shooting a lot of footage lately with the help of some friends. Since I want the moments in this video to look as natural as possible I have tried to avoid getting my friends to act for me. There is a lot more raw emotion when you capture a natural reaction from somebody, which is exactly what I am looking for. I have also been utilizing a tripod much more lately. I like to have a good balance of tripod shots and handheld shots in all of my videos. The reason for this is that I also believe that a healthy balance of these two kinds of shots can really enhance a video. I like for some of the shots in my videos to have a "home-movie" type feel to them because it helps the audience feel as if they are experiencing that moment in real time. However, tripod shots are also really effective when trying to really get the audience to focus on one thing. Besides shooting, I have also began to really think about what I want to do when editing my video. I have a good bit of ideas for this video and I am extremely excited to do my best to make these ideas come alive. I have also downloaded some new plug-ins for my editing program and have been playing around with some of them. Just from my first glance I really think that they are going to really help some of my edits and really give the video a unique visual style which is exactly what I want. There is still plenty of footage for me to shoot so I am excited to keep filming and hop into editing very soon! HERE is one of the plug-ins that I downloaded.
No comments:
Post a Comment