Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Art of an Experimental Film Script

So far my senior capstone project has been running very smoothly! Along with all the other work for the class that I have been doing, I have been actively shooting footage since before we even returned for the fall semester. This past weekend I went out of town and shot some more footage during my travels, which was very successful. I have been started thinking more and more about how I want to edit my video to make it the best it can be. After meeting with my director this week, he was able to provide me with a lot of articles about montage. These have proved to be extremely helpful and have given me some options of which direction I want to go with this. I still have a lot of footage that still needs to be shot, but will be getting a lot of that done this upcoming week. Other than that, I was unsure of how to write a script for my video since there will be no dialogue in my project. My director also helped me with this by showing me an AV Script, which I am going to begin working on during the editing process. The reason for this is because in an AV Script you simply show what is being played in the video on one side, and than explain the representation on the other side. By taking screenshots of my clips this process will be much easier and more effective. So after a few more shooting days, the editing process will begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment