Monday, October 20, 2014

Music Music Music

This week a lot of progress was made on my project. I gathered lots of footage in preparation to begin the editing process. Since we are now down to only three weeks until we need to present, I want to give myself plenty of time to edit and make sure everything comes together the way that I want it to. However, figuring out my audio track is one aspect of my project that needs to be completed before editing begins. I had some trouble finding some royalty free music that I enjoyed for this specific project. I wanted the audio to be very ambient, but also have the happy or sad feeling that I'm looking for in a song. After struggling to figure out my audio track, I came up with another idea. This week I will be working with some friends to create my own music for my video using a MicroKorg synth. I am extremely excited to be doing this because I have never created my own music for any of the videos I have made. Even though it will take some extra time out of my schedule I feel that this is going to be all the more worth it in the end. Not only that, but the sounds that you can create with this machine are exactly what I had in mind. Basically I will have an endless library of sounds to work with. Once I get a track done using this I can hop straight into editing the first part of my video. I still have a little bit of additional footage to gather for the second part of my video, but that will all be getting filmed this week as well. I have been carrying my camera around very frequently usually where ever I go to make sure that I can capture moments that may not be expected. I am very excited to start editing this project once this audio track gets done!

No comments:

Post a Comment