Sunday, April 19, 2015

Developing an Emotional Reaction: Blog 6


Animation is an art form that has touched the hearts of many people across the globe. That being said, I do not believe that the LCD should not be considered a “dumbing down” of the mind, but a warming up of the heart. As with any art form, the artists are attempting to obtain a reaction from their respective audiences. This applies to animation as well, and I can certainly think of many instances where an animation has embodied a truly captivating moment. I think that mass media may want everyone to believe that animators are only doing this to “dumb down” the content of their pieces. However, I believe they are doing this simply to be able to speak to all different audiences. When someone thinks of a Disney film, they think of their youth, and the young audiences that Disney is constantly targeting. There are many moments in Disney films that may be new events for the younger viewers, but could be completely nostalgic and emotional for older viewers. Disney has rose to the top due to their ability to convey these events and emotions so clearly to all of their audiences. I believe that moments like these in animations are what make them so special. Animators are now able to convey serious emotion to all audiences across the globe. While some may consider “dumbing it down”, I see it as a way to speak to audiences of all ages. As animation progresses everyday, we all can only anticipate the emotional moments that animations will present to us in the future, only continuing to show us how special this artistic medium is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment